Helpful answers to common questions about e-bikes.
Still have some question about e-bikes? Check out these FAQ’s. Cant find an answer your looking for? Feel free to drop us a line and we will be happy to help you any way we can.
CAN I TEST RIDE A BIKE?
You bet! Stop by our location at 901 S. 27th Street for a test ride. One of our associates will be happy to accompany you on your ride and answer any questions you might have.
WHAT IS PEDAL ASSIST?
Pedal Assist is a feature that enables the motor through the pedal motion instead of the twist throttle. This feature can be turned on or off, so that you may go back to using the throttle at any time.
WHAT DO THE TERMS AMPS, WATTS AND VOLTS MEAN FOR MY E-BIKE?
- Your E-bike has an electric system that is measured by volts and amps. The voltage is the amount of potential electricity your battery holds.
- The amps or current refers to the speed or rate of flow of electricity as it is being drawn from the battery. The higher the current the quicker the battery will be depleted. High current happens when riding with a heavy load, riding uphill, riding on bumpy and grass terrain etc.
- The watts is a measure of the output of power that your E-bike can provide. Watts are measured by multiplying the voltage by the current.
Example: A 350 watt system can put out up to about 600 watts at peak but will provide 350 watts of power when riding under normal conditions. The rated power of your E-bike will affect the speed and or torque depending on the configuration.
HOW DO I EXTEND THE RANGE OF MY ELECTRIC BIKE PER CHARGE?
- Your E-bike will consume much less battery when you begin riding by pedaling and not using the throttle. Stop and go riding with the throttle can limit the range of your E-bike.
- Always make sure your tires are inflated properly. Riding on low pressure tires will consume more energy.
- Always pedal up hills. Do not use throttle only when riding up hills.
- Use your mechanical gears correctly. When you are pedaling make sure to be in the correct gear. Lower your gears while going up hills and raise the gears on flat and downhill terrain.
CAN I RIDE MY E-BIKE IN THE RAIN?
Yes, your E-bike is water resistant and can be ridden in an average rainfall. We advise against riding in heavy rain and strongly advise against leaving your eBike outside while it’s raining.
WHAT IS THE MAX SPEED ON AN ELECTRIC BIKE?
Max speed will depend on the rider and the conditions (grade, wind, etc…). If you are pedaling, you can go as fast as you are able to pedal it. However, most bikes stop providing electric assist while pedaling at 20 mph. Some will provide assist going at speeds up to about 28 mph.
IS THERE EXTRA MAINTENANCE?
Nope. Aside from charging the battery, the electric system is robust and maintenance free. The E-Bike is maintained just like a normal pedal bike.
DO I NEED TO HAVE A DRIVERS LICENSE, REGISTRATION AND INSURANCE?
No, E-bikes are classified the same as regular bikes.